Shaftesbury is an award-winning creator and producer of original content for television, film, digital, and brands. Shaftesbury's current slate includes 11 seasons of Murdoch Mysteries for CBC, UKTV, and ITV STUDIOS Global Entertainment, detective drama Frankie Drake Mysteries for CBC and UKTV, and two seasons of critically acclaimed thriller series Slasher for Netflix. Shaftesbury's digital arm produces original digital, convergent, and branded entertainment projects including the global phenomenon Carmilla, scripted comedy Upstairs Amy for Walmart and Interac®, supernatural drama Inhuman Condition, and the Slasher VR app for iOS, Android, and Oculus Rift. Shaftesbury’s branded entertainment division drives profitable engagement with millennials using scripted series, turning brands into executive producers. Recent brand partners include Walmart, Interac®, U by Kotex®, and RBC.
- A production company founded by Chairman and CEO Christina Jennings
- Award-winning, with 500+ wins, nominations, and distinctions
- Producer of Murdoch Mysteries, Canada’s #1 Drama, currently in its 11th season and watched in 110 countries and territories around the world
- Producer of Carmilla, which has generated over 70 million views in 193 countries, and translated in over 20 languages by fans since its launch in 2014
- Creator of the first digital short-form scripted series in Canada to migrate to prime-time television, Backpackers, for top-five U.S. network The CW
- Creator of the world’s first scripted mobile App series, Totally Amp’d
- Proud to work with Branded Entertainment partners including Walmart, Interac®, U by Kotex®, RBC, Tetley, Schick, Cotton Inc., Hamilton Beach, Ubisoft
Shaftesbury’s Board of Directors are:
- Christina Jennings, Chairman and CEO, Shaftesbury
- Scott Garvie, Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, Shaftesbury
- Millard Roth, President, Corporate Growth Assistance Limited; former CEO, The Canadian Motion Picture Distributors Association
- Carey Diamond, President and CEO, Whitecastle Holdings Ltd.
- Donald Ziraldo, C.M. LLD; Chairman, Ziraldo Estate Winery; Board member, Genome Canada; Director, Senhora do Convento (Portugal); Co-founder, Inniskillin Wines Inc.
- Jay Switzer, Chairman and Co-founder, Hollywood Suite
- Claude Gagnon, Consultant, Former President of Technicolor Creative Services